Pages

16 December 2009

new day dawning



The birds are chirping, the sun is out, temperature in the low 30's (celcius), slight breeze blowing, who could ask for more?

Everywhere is looking very lush and green which, whilst improving the beauty of my surroundings here, also necessitates, lots of grass cutting, weed eating and pruning back of trees. Having lost the garden shears I have spent most of the morning so far trimming back a grape vine with scissors and hacking off dead banana tree leaves with a machete. Bonus of the week though was the chance to learn how to drive a tractor complete with grass cutting attachment on the back, basicly the worlds biggest lawnmower. I didn't get a chance for any photos with my camera but someone else did and when we find the right USB cable I'll try and upload them.

Sales are still pretty slim for the bakery and I have continued to wind down production in order that my stock of flour and yeast etc. will make it through to the other side of the christmas break.

Talking of which, due to staff shortages I've had to cancel my holiday home to Cape Town, South Africa to see the family, in order to stay here and keep an eye on things. At the moment it looks like there might be 2 or 3 of us here for the period so definitlely a quiet one this year. All is not lost though as I hope to go through to the beach for the day, see Mango as well as my other colleagues working out there.

3 comments:

  1. nice picture. i sure hope you're not the one who's doing the 'weed eating' there. merry christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy,

    Just came across your site randomly. Me and my partner will be travelling through Southern Mozambique in about a month.... I like your ambitions and will try to pop by and sample some of your baked delights.

    One question.... where is your Bakery? Is Mozbak an actual a town?

    Tim B.

    ReplyDelete