Pages

29 August 2009

Slow Slow Slow

Everything that goes up must come down. Just when I ithought things were off to a fantastic start it all seems to have ground to a halt now. I say a halt but yesterday I still managed to bake 17 breads myself, in itself not a bad thing but what income was missed... Last night I had orders for 200 breads that I obviously fell way short on, but a little bit of income is still something.
Perhaps I need to look into having another baker, even if they're just part time, they can come on board when the need arises, such as now!
On a different note, I went to visit Alfonso in his village today, a very sad sight. He had some family and friends around but looked obviously depressed. Speaking little Portuguese I tried to pass on my condolences and gave him a hug but felt unsure what else I could do. I think he might be back at work earlier next week, the funeral is tomorrow, but i'm not pushing it and will just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment